hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I'm a working stiff, so I'm CHEAP. I am very careful with my airplane funds. But I also want certain things to perform certain ways. I could no longer ignore the results others were having with oil separators and vacuum valves for another step in total performance. I also did not have scrap bin as well equipped as DanH.

So off to Anti Splat Aero for a little shopping spree. I ordered the oil separator and install kit for the firewall forward and the O2 Oximeter for aft of the firewall.

IMG_20130423_162604_653_zps151d003d.jpg

The service has been perfect and the components look excellent. I will try to get it installed in the next week and give a follow up report. I will roll my own for the vacuum valve and exhaust stub adapter.

Kudos to AntiSplat Aero.

Working great for me

I've been waiting to post my review of the Anti-splat Air Oil Separator until till I had more data on oil consumption. However, I don't need to wait to provide some positive feedback.

First the Results so far:

This product has eliminated the oil on the belly of my plane. I've been dealing with quite a bit of oil on the belly since I first started flying my plane. I eliminated all of the "leaks" but I still had quite a bit of oil coming out of the breather. Now the only oil I get is the stuff that is working it's way out of the nooks and crannies of intersection and wing fairing.

Rather than oil on the belly, I see distinct exhaust (carbon) tracks - but NO OIL !

I don't know for sure about oil consumption but it seems to have reduced it. I"ll know better after Osh Kosh.

The Installation:
I installed mine with the valve that is welded to the exhaust pipe. It was a bit of a challenge figuring exactly where to mount the Valve on the exhaust pipe and also finding a good spot on the firewall for the Separator.

I had to mount the Separator to the Right of the center line on the firewall. The only good spot for the valve was on the Left exhaust pipe. This resulted in needing a longer piece to the (very high quality) blue hose that comes in the kit.

I called Alan and he shipped me another piece right away at no charge.

I'm glad I used the welded in valve. I had to pay a welder to get it done but I thought this option gave me maximum flexibility to install the valve at an angle that worked for my plane (i.e to find a spot where it would fit and not hit anything else.

Worked great

Installed on a io-360es CONTINENTAL motor, installed oil serperator with the saddle clamp with the vacuum system, Alan sent extra tubing and fittings to hook up the system since we didn't know where the drain port was..
FYI the drain port is between the mags in the center.
After everything was hooked up and 6 hrs of flying no oil on the belly :)

Tim