MK77

Well Known Member
Just finished installing the Anti-Splat oil separator on my RV-7 with a Superior IO-360-B1A1 engine. I purchased the install kit and vacuum valve with the saddle. Parts looked great and the install kit came everything needed. My order shipped out the same day ordered.

The one issue had I believe is specific to the Superior engine. The oil return is set out a little bit from the accessory case and caused the 90 deg fitting to interfere with the engine mount. I used a low profile 90 deg NPT adapter couple to the included NPT to AN 90 deg fitting. A straight NPT to AN fitting would have probably worked better here but anyway, here's a picture:

IMG_3625.JPG

The exhaust saddle made the vacuum valve the installation simple. Overall, other than the snag with the oil return it was a pretty easy install.

I had the same problem on a Superior IO-320 and solved it by shortening the pipe thread on the 90 degree fitting. It helped to find someone with the complete set of dies.

Would someone mind posting more pictures of their Anti-splat oil separator in side-by-side RV's? I am interested to see where people mounted the separator on the firewall, and how they routed the tubes.

Thanks!

I had the same problem on a Superior IO-320 and solved it by shortening the pipe thread on the 90 degree fitting. It helped to find someone with the complete set of dies.

Maybe I'll try that seeing as my old man is a machinist and I know he has the NPT dies.

I'll look at using a 45° as well but it's pretty tight so I'm not sure that would even work.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Fitting

I see you have a aluminum fitting connected to a steel one.

Would someone mind posting more pictures of their Anti-splat oil separator in side-by-side RV's? I am interested to see where people mounted the separator on the firewall, and how they routed the tubes.

Thanks!

Here's mine (9A, right side of the firewall) before I got most of my FWF stuff added. Fits quite well there.

v931.jpg