You know, if you could put a 20-deg bend into it like a box-end wrench has, that would be even more useful. On my -6, the hex of the filter is inside of the firewall recess just slightly, and your tool wouldn't work as-is. I have a dual-mag engine and use the long filters.

You know, if you could put a 20-deg bend into it like a box-end wrench has, that would be even more useful. On my -6, the hex of the filter is inside of the firewall recess just slightly, and your tool wouldn't work as-is. I have a dual-mag engine and use the long filters.

That will restrict the wrench to being used one way-----he has incorporated a 15* off axis twist to the hex/centerline ----- and if you try to make use of that, the bent shank will now hit the firewall.

Of course, if you have room to swing the wrench more than 60*, it wont matter.

????

I'm never able to watch these on his website???? If someone gets a you-tubel link please post it up!!!!

Thanks!

All you need to do is use a small extension on your tool and it will work great for this application. Thanks, Allan:D

once again

another great video that shows a great product in action. I'll be ordering one. Just one question - you said in the video to "do the math" regarding the torquing of the new filter. I assume you or some other customer has already done the math for this. So what value (or multiplier) does the torque wrench need to be set to in order to compensate for the extra piece>
thanks,
brian

another great video that shows a great product in action. I'll be ordering one. Just one question - you said in the video to "do the math" regarding the torquing of the new filter. I assume you or some other customer has already done the math for this. So what value (or multiplier) does the torque wrench need to be set to in order to compensate for the extra piece>
thanks,
brian

...Yes! You you need to set the torque wrench appropriately to compensate for the adapter. The multiplier is .8 if your torque wrench is 12". If not, here is a handy calculator (link below) that you can just plug in your numbers to set your tool appropriately. The center distance on the oil filter tool is three inches. I was making reference in the video to the big controversy on the multiplier with the prop wrench. The one where I made myself out to be the big ?ss. :rolleyes:---Won't go there again! Thanks, Allan..:D
http://www.cncexpo.com/TorqueAdapter.aspx

thanks,
brian

Lol, you must have missed the crazy-long thread a few weeks ago. The short answer is to use the formula shown in AC43.13-1B figure 7.2.

AC43.13-1B Chapter 7

90 degree=no math

If you can get your torque wrench on at a 90 degree angle then there is no math needed. Much easier.

Thank You!!!!!!!

Well, maybe. But your job was to promote a new tool. And you did that very well.........;)

Thank You Warren, it did seem to work out that way, and I can't complain about our sales for sure. I must also say thanks to everyone for not really rubbing it in when I found I was mistaken. That shows a lot of class and goes to the caliber of people here. Makes me proud to be a part of it! Regards, Allan ..:D

Last edited:
How about a reply to my messages

Hi Allen,
Nice tool!
But how about replying to my e-mail messages. Have sent several over the last three weeks now with regards to our order with you.

It will be good to hear from you.

Will Find Out?

Hi Allen,
Nice tool!
But how about replying to my e-mail messages. Have sent several over the last three weeks now with regards to our order with you.

I am sorry that something has apparently gone aerie here but I will find out tomorrow when I return to my office. I do not handle the shipping personally so until I can check it out tomorrow I can't say. You will hear from us tomorrow 3/19/12. Very sorry for whatever this mix-up is. Regards, Allan..:confused:

Figured it out!

Hi Allen,
Nice tool!

...We figured out what happened here with this order. We had a major power failure here when the weather and wind kicked up. This powered off our computer network while in operation. Apparently we lost one days e-mail during this event, that contained this customers purchase order and possibly others. If anyone has placed an order or correspondence to Anti-Splat-Aero and have not received an answer or acknowledgement from us please call us @ (909) 824-1020 and let us know. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Regards, Allan:)

aluminum?

I got my nose leg skid plate. It's well made. It's rather heavy, though - maybe a pound or two.

I wonder if this could be made in aluminum? It seems like an aluminum one would be strong enough.

Titanium would also be nice - I wonder how much that would cost.

It's just that every pound counts, especially way out on the nose.

Not really heavy!

I got my nose leg skid plate. It's well made. It's rather heavy, though - maybe a pound or two.

I wonder if this could be made in aluminum? It seems like an aluminum one would be strong enough.

Titanium would also be nice - I wonder how much that would cost.

It's just that every pound counts, especially way out on the nose.

Actually it weighs in at only 7.5 Oz. to maintain the strength to do the job it is intended for, that is rather light. If it were made from aluminum it wouldn't be strong enough and titanium would be cost prohibitive. Thanks, Allan