G-force

Well Known Member
It apprers that the bulkhead used on the flop tube install does not use any sort of anti-rotation bracket, can anyone verify this? Thanks.

I made an anti rotation bracket

Several folks have, simply a 90 piece of angle with a slot cut in it the goes round the fitting and is riveted to the inside of the tank.

Frank

flex of flop

Just did a flop on a QB tank and did not put in an antirotation bkt. Yes, safety tied. Lots of proseal. Thought about it a lot, but there is not much leverage with the flex of the flop. Felt very secure when torqued. Bkt not called out for on plans.

T.S.
7A QB(so I must be 49% done)

I installed the floptube a long time ago without the bracket, but now I wonder how the heck I'm gonna tighten the fuel line to the fitting without it turning in the bulkhead.

Steve

Steve,
Thought of that also so I torqued the nut near the top range of spec. With that and the glob of proseal at the 90 I am hoping that when installing the b nut to mid range of spec (my norm target) it will be fine. I am sure I will have more to worry about that this in the months to come. Absolute worst case pull tank remove cover install bracket regret decision. I could not find where someone had an issue with this install. Maybe someone will state so now reading this........my wings are not on yet.
T.S.
7A QB(so I must be 49% done)

I didn't install a bracket with mine. I torqued it to spec and am hoping that the proseal will be sufficient. My baffle is not yet installed and so I still have a chance to safety wire it in place as a precaution. Is there any chance someone could send me a picture of how they safety'd theirs?

Cheers,
Dave

I put an anti-rotation angle on my flop tubes like Frank described. My problem now is that it will be difficult to comply with the SB since it will be hard to remove the 90 deg. fitting since it has very little motion to break the Proseal I put on it. In order to get the flop tube out for the SB you need to remove it completely from the end rib. Since it can't rotate, it is hard to break the Proseal bond. I may just have to put some more Proseal on the fittings instead of safty wire.