Rick_A

Well Known Member
Has any one used the Navishield http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/navScreenProtectors.php screen protector on their Garmin x96? Or have you found any other products that work well?

I have a lot of glare on my 496 that's mounted by the rollbar. At $18.95 the Navisheild seem to be quite expensive but if it works well, it would be worth it.

BTW. I'm using a digital camera screen protector right now. It helped a little but not a lot. It was also very inexpensive.

Screen protectors x96

I don't like them. My hanger mates and I share two 496's and a 396. One of the 496's has a screen protector on it ( I don't know the brand ). I can not use it in my RV-4 due to glare and reduced screen brightness. The interior metal is painted white in my RV and it causes a lot of glare. The 496 with the protector is ok in our Seneca or Baron where there is a roof over it and a soft interior.

I Like Mine

I have used one since day one on my 496 and really like it. I found it on eBay and I think it was a few bucks cheaper. My .02 cents.