don rv6

I'm New Here
What is the model number of VOR/ILS/GS antenna people have used? Building an RV-6. I have seen antennas mounted on the lower fuselage just forward of the empennage. thanks Do

My guess would be either a RAMI AV-12L or a COMANT CI-157 or CI-158. COMANT makes a variety of models.

Many have used the Archer internal wingtip antenna with success. Several threads on the subject can be found via search.

What is the model number of VOR/ILS/GS antenna people have used? Building an RV-6. I have seen antennas mounted on the lower fuselage just forward of the empennage. thanks Do

That presents a major eye injury hazard - and it is just plain ugly.

Put it in the wingtip. I pick up VORs at 100nm+ with mine. I made it about of a few pieces of scrap aluminum.

Carl

Sorry Todd if I hit a button.

I offer however that the next time you go to a fly in with kids on the ramp you watch how they run around an airplane.

I have two comm antennas on the belly - each one gets a plastic cover after flight. More than once I hit the cover with my head while cleaning the belly - and the antennas are just at my dog's head level.

To each his own.

Carl

Perhaps what Todd meant is that on a taildragger, an antenna so mounted would sit too low to the ground to conceivably be an eye hazard. Totally different story on nosewheels.