JoeB

Hey everyone,

So I fly -135's for work, so long days of wearing a headset, up to 16 hours is rather normal flight when on the road.

Anyway my Bose X broke.......... Bose wants $175 for a repair.

I want the A20.... but is it worth the $$ over just getting my X fixed??

I have only tired on the A-20 in the store and they feel great but anyone who has owned both have any input on
buy new or just fix the X let me know

thanks

Joe

Anyway my Bose X broke.......... Bose wants $175 for a repair.

The way I see it is: If they are useless now $175 would make them the cheapest headset you might ever buy.

Get them to replace the ear seals as well.

My X's were looking and sounding a bit shabby and I was contemplating A20s - replacing the earseals alone (genuine Bose seals) the ANR performance was transformed back to the surrreal showroom experience.

Also, you will have a good baseline for comparison with the A20.

The Bose X is a great headset. I replaced mine with an A20 for the Bluetooth, and at the same time upgraded the right seat from a 1st generation Bose to the X. My wife loved the Bose X for 6 months until she tried the A20 for a long flight.

Shortly following that flight I was offered the choice of using the X when I was flying dual or getting another A20. I now own two A20s.

Nothing against the X, but the technology has improved. The A20 is lighter, quieter and clearer. The decadent choice for sure, but for a loud airplane I'd repeat the decision without hesitation.

If you don't want to spend the money, don't try one in flight and you won't miss them.