olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
I have a decent David Clark Headset with ANR but no way to listen to tunes while flying or call the FBO with my cellphone inbound at uncontrolled fields. Can anyone recommend a good headset that I can plug my IPOD/cellphone into (that doesn't cost $1000)? I would just tap into the intercom system but it's a David Clark ISOCOMM without the capability.

Or perhaps someone knows a good company that can modify my headset ro this configuration??? I really like my headsets. They are comfortable and offer good, clear sound so I wouldn't ming sticking with the DCs. Any that use Bluetooth?

Thanks

Last edited:
Lightspeed zulu ($800) or Sierra ($600) will take plug in music and couple to a cell phone that has bluetooth.
For less than either of these you can get a PS Engineering intercom that will take music, and as a bonus will make your intercom quieter, as I believe the DC Isocom opens both mikes whenever any one speaks. It doesn't have a cell phone interface (you know the general opinion is that airborn cell phone use is still illegal, although the FCC doesn't seem to enforce this?).
For $900 you can get a full blown PS audio panel with intercom, music, and cell phone inputs.

I highly recommend just using a Blulink adapter. I've tried my own rigs, and a number of other adapters, and no question, this one is the best in my opinion.

http://www.pilotblulink.com/

At first I thought it was a little steep in price, but I do not regret buying it after using it. It has MORE than paid for itself. If you compare the cost of ANR only vs ANR w/ Bluetooth headsets, it makes the Blulink well worth the money.

All of my comm equipment are not Bluetooth due to this little guy! Helmet, Old headsets, new headsets. Fantastic piece of equipment. I will continue to use my Blulink and never buy a Bluetooth headset until they come down in price!