I've got the retrofit kit in my helmet, and absolutely love it - easy to install, and very quiet. I don't use the helmet often in the RV, but when I do, it saves my hearing!

Paul

Easy to install, works great. Opt for the optional(at least it was when I bought 3 years ago) for the auo-shutoff feature.

Ditto the great comments about Headsets inc. Spring the extra 20 bucks or so for the all-in-one cable, and the stereo option. Much better speakers than the stock D-Cs.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've sent Jan a note and am waiting for a reply.

I will pop for all the options, except maybe the power thing. The wiring and panel are finished (and working) and I'm not excited about cutting into either.

Dave,

Where in Charlotte are you? Send me a note, if you want to come and check out the project. I just checked EAA 309's member list and noticed you were not on it. You should think about joining. You will need to, if you want to borrow our scales to do your W&B. (It's our way of getting people to join.)

FYI - There are a LOT of RV builders and fliers in the area, have you signed up for the SERV email list?

Do it

Dont forget to get the gel ear seals, and if they are still charging extra for the auto shutoff battery box, spend the extra $$-------you will get it back in the cost of 9v batteries in the first year.

Mike

N941WR said:
and I'm not excited about cutting into either.
The ships power unit only requires a small hole for the plug, no big deal. The current draw is so low that you could tap into to any convenient nearby power. I added mine to the panel after it was done, and you can't tell by looking at it.