Jkkinz

Well Known Member
Talked to Rob from Advanced while at SnF yesterday. He showed me the new 10.5 inch screen that he is close to releasing. Nice looking, lots of buttons down the right side and across the bottom. Should have taken a picture but of course I forgot to take my camera.

Also talked to the guys at E-mag. In case you did not know, they are working on certifying their electronic ignition system. I asked if it will be soon and they only said that soon was relative. At least it is in the works

Jim,
Or anyone at S-n-F, if you get a chance could you ask the E-mag guys where they are at with a P-mag for a 6-cylinder engine? I'm sure I'm not the only -540 guy who'd like the answer to that one.

Thanks

I saw the latest P-mag they have - a dual magneto replacement for 4 cylinder engines. They said they were working on the worst case model (hardest to package) and the other versions would look similar on the outside but have less parts inside ( a 6 cylinder version, for example). It only had 1 moving part which was the gear - it included a rotor with strong magnets that were used to generate power for the unit. I was impressed with the way it is made. It's not like the other versions - it's round and about 5 inches long, and the aviation harness comes out the back and looked similar to the way it comes out of a magneto, not like the other p-mags. I didn't get any pictures, but I'm sure someone will.

Kevin Belue

I was at the emag booth today at Sun n fun.. I've been on the wait list for the past two years for the "someday" 6-cyl pmag. Rep behind the booth was able to give a firm date for the 6 cyl pmag for the first time.

Will be available for experimental before the end of this year (2010).
Tom Hanaway

Here's the pic..

IMG_0929.JPG

Here's a scan of the new P Mag brochure I got at Sun and Fun:

2wn9qu0.jpg

Kevin Belue
RV-10 flying 1.5 yrs
RV-6A flying 8 yrs