oy-rvc

After 4 year and 4 month of building my RV-8 QB ? it finally left the ground today at Roskilde (EKRK) in Denmark.

The first few seconds after liftoff was really a special feeling?. WOW it really can fly.

The flight was otherwise uneventfull. I did a lot of turns over the airfield and a few stalls, then finished off with a nice landing. Biggest issue was that my transponder reported by TOWER switched between two different squak codes at the first digit??? The airplane flew straight hands off ? I really didn?t expect that.

This is also the 4th RV based at EKRK and the 3rd RV-8 to fly in Denmark.

An RV-4 followed along to take some pictures and video.

ff_1.JPG

ff_2.JPG

ff_3.JPG

ff_4.JPG

What a nice feeling to finally have a flying airplane!

awesome

I have good friends in Copenhagen, and have good memories of the Viking museum in Roskilde

Welcome the RV-8 bunch!

Snip.......

What a nice feeling to finally have a flying airplane!

It is so nice to see a first flight where the plane is fully painted and complete with spats. Nice work Christian. When do you plan a Viking raid to England?

Thanks for all the nice comments....

It is so nice to see a first flight where the plane is fully painted and complete with spats. Nice work Christian. When do you plan a Viking raid to England?

Well this years Viking RV trip went to France and Italy so maybe England next time??

I have good friends in Copenhagen, and have good memories of the Viking museum in Roskilde

Glad to hear that... come visit us at the airport next time around!

NICE!!

Big congrats with the first flight neighbour! A beautiful plane and nice photos!

Are you going to the airshow at Varde on the 11th this month?
I'm planning to go down there if the weather is ok.
Do you know if other RV's are planning to go?

En s? litt p? norsk: GRATULERER!!!!!
Veldig moro at det blir flere RV'er i Skandinavia!
Lykke til med testflyginga!

Are you going to the airshow at Varde on the 11th this month?
I'm planning to go down there if the weather is ok.
Do you know if other RV's are planning to go?

En s? litt p? norsk: GRATULERER!!!!!
Veldig moro at det blir flere RV'er i Skandinavia!
Lykke til med testflyginga!

Im not aware of that airshow - the other RV's have not talked about this... do you have a link? Currently my flying in the RV-8 is limited to a testarea and I will try to use all the good weather days to get the test flying done before winter...

Og s? et svar p? dansk: Tak! Ja det er dejligt at vi efterh?nden er blevet nogle RV flyvere i Skandinavien. N?r jeg er kommet igennem testflyvningen m? jeg se det norske landskab fra luften :)

Too Cool!

Sweet looking plane and congratulations! RVers who go the extra hard route to get this accomplished 'overseas' from Van's truly deserve an extra tip of the hat. Please send us travel pictures from your beautiful part of the world!