BuckWynd

Well Known Member
I'm posting this for a friend -- a guy who'd never toot his own horn about building an airplane. Jim Hanson, Sr. is a WWII veteran (and Pearl Harbor survivor) who lives down the street from me. For the last 2-1/2 years, he has been quietly and diligently working on his RV-7. He's the kind of guy whose 10-hour-a-day work ethic makes me, at the spry age of 43, feel envious.

Today, N1PN made its first flight at Poplar Grove Airport, Illinois (C77), under the expert hands of local RV-8 / RV-10 builder Don Pfeiffer. (Perhaps Don will chime in with a pilot report, but I at least had to post a photo or two...)

Way to go, Jim! :D

JimHansonRVPanel.jpg

(Photo above courtesy AOPA and Mike Fizer)

RV7-N1PN-FirstFlight-03.jpg

Last edited:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Mr. Hanson. Beauty of a plane you have there.

b,
dr

WOW!

Using very simple logic, if he was 18 and in the military when Pearl Harbor was bombed he would be 84 years old. That is the youngest 84 year old guy I've ever seen. What ever you're drinking I want some.

Yep!

I believe he is, indeed, 84 years old -- and going strong. So nobody under 84 has ANY excuses. ;)

Beautiful airplane there Mr. Hansen. My dad is 81 and still flies his Aztec over 200hrs a year and will still do an approach to minimums. Took my 90 year old friend Harry flying last week and he did a beautiful job flying my 7. He also had no problem getting in and out. He flew P-47s in Europe and was a flight instructor after his tour. So I hope we all have a long flying career ahead of us. Don

Nice panel too

Very clean panel, nicely arranged with the dual Dynons. This is the general panel layout that I am thinking too.

Congratulations on a beautiful plane Sir!