Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
I landed at Bakersfield Municipal today and there was little or no activity. When I got home there were emails and even a phone call from a friend saying he had heard another homebuilt went down at Bakersfield. Turns out it was yesterday on a Breakfast flyout with John Harmon and his friends. Very sad..

http://www.bakersfield.com/619/story/103270.html

Sorry, this is a duplicate post. I didn't see there was already another thread started.

Last edited:
Ahaaa gee

Ahaaa Nuts. :( It reminds me of my ex-father in-law who was doing acro over remote wet lands, two decades ago. The only witness was a pipe line worker who saw his plane in a dive; it did not pull out. Like this article, they thought may be he hit is head and was knocked out or passed out for some reason. They never really determined the cause. I have whacked my head a few times on the canopy flying, once near the hills approaching Reno. I still had the belt lose for en-route comfort and was not ready (belts tight) for landing yet; keep those belts tight.

Last edited:
Bryan--

I saw you take off-- I was outside of our hangar working on our HR-2. Your plane is stunning, I think that's the first time I've seen it in person. Albeit 100 yds away.

My Rv-7a was parked out on the ramp.

mark