Walt

Well Known Member
Finally breaking down and upgrading my own panel. Bill from UpNorth Aviation was a pleasure to work withh on cutting the new panel, but trust me it's a lot of work!

"Old" panel:
(this was actually generation 3 of the first panel with multiple overlays)

Panel-pics-041a.jpg

New panel from UpNorth Aviation:
(3 1/8 AS, TT Vizion, Dual G3X, GMC 305, GTR200, GTX23ES, GDL39, MVP-50 and whiskey compass on the right)

RV-7%2520TU%2520Walt%2520A%25204-23-14.jpg

What a mess!

IMG_5146.jpg

Making progress:

IMG_5154a.jpg

Last edited:
Gee Walt---I'm glad you know where all those wires go!!!!!
Tom

Wires are nothing more than fuel/hydraulic lines except with electrons going in one end out out the other so you can make em smaller, connect one end here and the other one there and watch it work :D

Update, finally got the new panel up and running, trust me its a huge job to install a new panel and rewire half the plane :eek:

g3x-panel-008a.jpg

Looks nice Walt!

Can't tell by the photo... does UpNorth Aviation machine the switch holes with the little anti-rotation tabs like the ones below?

Switch_Holes.JPG

Last edited:
Do you have a way to keep the switches from rotating if the switch nut ever loosened? The other way I've seen is to drill a 1/8" hole
above the main switch hole and use one of the tabbed washers to keep it oriented. One tab drops into the 1/8" hole and the other
goes into the slot in the switch's threaded shaft.

Switch_Washer.jpg

Do you have a way to keep the switches from rotating if the switch nut ever loosened? The other way I've seen is to drill a 1/8" hole
above the main switch hole and use one of the tabbed washers to keep it oriented. One tab drops into the 1/8" hole and the other
goes into the slot in the switch's threaded shaft.

Personally I don't bother with anti-rotation holes/devices, toggle switches are not subject to rotation unless you forget to tighten them.

After the bank account recovers... most likely a 400/430, ulimately I would love to have a 650.