LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I picked up the camping credentials yesterday. I'm psyched for Oshkosh.

oshksosh_credentials.JPG

I'm working on an outline for another story I plan on doing for EAA Radio during the week (btw, for you not attending, you can listen to EAA Radio online!). It's about GA security. I'm going to have the opportunity to interview some pretty high-ranking people on the security front, and the piece would be better if I could get some GA pilots let me record them asking the question they'd want to ask those people.

If you're going to be available on Saturday or Sunday to allow me to do this, let me know.

However, I want them to be informed questions. So what I'm looking for is people who can also relate first-hand stories about how security rules have impacted them and the experimental community. Maybe it's the hole-in-the-fence. Or maybe it's -- as I encountered last night -- a locked fence while trying to access a business on an airport. Or maybe you used to be able to fly somewhere and now you can't.

Please send me private e-mail, and don't use this thread to rant about security. The thread will get killed off in a hurry.

By the way, I'm going to be posting several updates a day -- with multimedia and such as talent allows -- on the blog as I have for the last several years. It's not going to be the place to find the latest technology news or show specials -- there are a million places to get that stuff online. But if you enjoyed the Porta Potty Prayer or the story about the naked guys in the shower, I'm your man.

I've set up the categoryfor this year here. 2009 is here. 2008 is here.

Oh, and I'll be doing the "Ask the Dumb Guy in the Campground" thing again for people who have particular questions about something at Oshkosh and need someone to go find an answer.

If you're coming to Oshkosh and want to get together to sit a spell, I'll be reachable best via email at [email protected]

Last edited: