alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Did a search on this, found many threads, but nothing that quite addressed these questions...

1. Did anyone else have any trouble getting 1/2" of clearance between the oil cooler and engine mount tubes that OP-27 suggests? Even if I cut away all of the aft inboard oil cooler flange, I'm only going to get about 7/16" clearance at best from the body of the oil cooler. I can't move the oil cooler outboard any if I don't want to block a portion of the oil cooler openings with the side rear baffle flange. Thus, is 7/16" here acceptable?

2. Related, I'm also finding that locating the oil cooler vertically is being dicatated by that long center bolt that goes through both fwd and aft flanges on the inboard side of the oil cooler. I have to make sure that oil cooler flange around that bolt has 1/2" clearance with the engine mount. I really have no choice on vertical placement, but other people have suggested they do have signficant vertical placement options. I'm just wondering if I'm missing an option here somewhere. (?)

Since the mount seems to be the central issue, it may matter than I am building an RV-9 with an 0-320 mount.

Any thoughts on these questions?

Thanks.

Last edited: