coffeeboy

Planning my next update on my RV-6A (I have a feeling the "upgrades" will never end) and I want to convert from manual to electric flaps this winter when I install the Almost A 14 Mod (the Titanhank version). Planning on using a PHAviation flap Actuator and the TWI Intelligent Flap Control, and a on-off-(on) switch. with this equipment, is there a need for purchasing the Vans' kit? its currently 1.3k+, and besides the new flap weldment i'm not really seeing anything useful in it. Has anyone done the conversion without using the new weldment?

I took the 'handle' off and had it rewelded to the right side so the motor is covered by a side plate. I added another tube inside rosette welded for torsional rigidity. The actuatot motor is mounted on the right side in a manner similar to the original design. The center 'post' serves as a mount for my fire extinguisher and leaves room to step between the seats for entry/exit!

I took the 'handle' off and had it rewelded to the right side so the motor is covered by a side plate. I added another tube inside rosette welded for torsional rigidity. The actuatot motor is mounted on the right side in a manner similar to the original design. The center 'post' serves as a mount for my fire extinguisher and leaves room to step between the seats for entry/exit!
Do you have any photos? I love the idea of this, might try it myself!