You do not have to look very far in our network of outstanding people to find someone that can answer questions and provide support. I cannot recall how many times that has been the case for me. Well it happen for me once again this past weekend. This time it was a man named Mel Jordan from the Tucson, AZ area.
When it comes to maintenance I do not defer ANYTHING. Fix it right or do not fly. There is always another day to fly. However, when it comes to computers (my D100) I play the, “if it works – do not fix it” card. That being said I have been using the 5.1 firmware since OCT 09. For me it worked just fine. But I still thought in the back of my mind that if Dynon came out w/an upgrade(s) maybe I should consider. Glad I did and this is where Mel comes in. After reading several threads and talking to the fine folks at Dynon it appeared Mel was just the right person to talk Dynon. So as fate might be and planning to fly this past SAT from El Paso, TX to Casa Grande, AZ for the Cactus Flyin I stopped into AVQ (just a few mile north of Tucson) where in very short order (30 mins) Mr. Jordan updated my firmware to 5.4. Have you ever done anything in 30 mins when it comes to computers and upgrading? For me its typically a lost day. If you’re on the fence about executing the Dynon update – Just Do It – you want be sorry. But that is not what this thread is about.
It’s about once again meeting a wonderful person in our VANS world. We have so many. But for me this past weekend, it was Mel.
Mel – thanks again.

Last edited: