zspivey

Well Known Member
The first flight of N912PS was on April 21. We had the DAR inspection on Saturday April 19. Glenn Barron flew the first flight. After the flight we spend some time fixing a leaking fuel tank and other tweaking. Wayne Petrus, who is a co-owner of the aircraft, flew the next 10 or so hours. I finished transition training with Dave Austin on April 26. Yesterday, I got to fly her for the first time.
Details: Mattituck O-360 with Hartsell blended airflow prop, Dynon Flight-Dek D-180, Tru-Trak Pilot II, Garmin GNS 430W, Garmin GTX 327 transponder, Garmin GMA 340 Comm panel, Garmin SL-40 radio, Garmin GPSMAP 496 with XM weather and music.
We have flown her a total of 13.2 hours so far. There are stil a few bugs in getting all of the radios to play together.
I have not rolled her yet. That will be the next flight.

RE:Congrats

Zack

Congrats

I would be interested in the tank leak ... Where was leak/ What was the procedure to fix...

Frank @ 1L8...... RV7A ...last 999 details

Congratulations again Zack and Wayne!

Here's a photo I took of Zack yesterday with the RV grin!

farmerville5308a030ni4.jpg

Congratulations!!

Awesome feeling isn't it? Congratulations!!! Enjoy Phase one. You'll have the bugs worked out in no time.

Congratulations Zack!!! :D Wish I coulda been there with you guys to help celebrate. Hope to see ya'll at OSH.

Nice!

Zack,
Congratulations. I hope you guys thoroughly enjoy your new magic carpet ride!!!! Hope to see you at OSH some day. ;)

Congrats

Congrats Zack!!
It looks like you will have a fantastic summer flying your new mount. Are you taking her to Oshkosh this year? If so I hope to see you there.

Tim Fitz
Tail complete, check in the mail for wings

Congratulations,
You had a great pilot do your first flight. Tell Glenn that Paul LeDoux says hello and I will drop in soon. Glenn and I were roomates at La. Tech more years ago than I care to remember. Still working on my RV-8.
Paul

Zack

Congrats

I would be interested in the tank leak ... Where was leak/ What was the procedure to fix...

Frank @ 1L8...... RV7A ...last 999 details

The leak was on the outboard rib. One of the notches in the rib to allow the bend for the leading edge did not have enough proseal.
we removed the proseal on the exterior, cleaned the area and re-applied proseal. We used extra hardner to make it set up faster.

It seems to have fixed the problem.