Consider Grove Calipers for -A

If you are building a noseroller, the ones in this thread (56-1A) give about 2.5X the kinetic energy rating of the standard Clevelands.

Brake Failures

Guys I know using them are very, very happy. Not too much more $$$ than the stock ones.

John

Its an ***-roller. I looked at the grove and they are alum which are heavier so I decided against them. Looks like the Cleve are the way to go for me. I just figured I might as well save the $65 since I am already putting an order in to ACS for 2 A-600 brk reservoirs, the Vetterman exhaust (which is almost $200 cheaper than through Vans) and a few other items. I am still deciding on what cowl so I'm not getting that yet and my canopy is coming from Todds. I'm ordering everything from the FK individually so I don't pay the imfamous 25% for each part I don't want. I'm just afraid there might be a brkt. or something that comes on the wheels from Vans that I'll end up needing later.

briand said:
Is the set sold by AC Spruce the same as you get with your FK? Or do you get something you need for the extra $65.00 Vans charges?
....The Grove or any Clevelands made of aluminum are a little heavier but much mor corrosion resistant than magnesium wheels. =worth it. I have two magnesium wheels to throw out. If they were aluminum, they'd be scrubbed and painted and back in service.

Yeah, I'd go with Aluminum too. Not that mag wheels have ever corroded to the point where I had to replace them on certified aircraft but I like Aluminum better for most applications that involve HEAT and Brakes.