rocketbob

Well Known Member
Take a spring clamp, drill a 3/16" hole in it, slot the hole to the edge, and cut some relief on the top and bottom to allow a short bolt to be inserted. Works great, gets in tight spots, and costs about $2.50.

Nominated for idea of the year...

Not sure there is such a thing, but if there was....

You Da Man...

I want to start building again just so I can try this!!! I am sure my next plane will take alot less time to build now that I know about this.

Thanks

Great idea!!!

Fantastic. I'm going to make a couple of them. Nothing a Dremel and a few minutes won't cover!!!

maybe kitplanes magazine can have a little "readers tips and tricks" section, where "reglar" folks send in submissions, and maybe get a little gift certificate if it gets published. I know other magazines do (fine homebuilding, fine woodworking, etc) It keeps the readers engaged in the magazine. good for everyone.

id vote for this one for a winner

DONE!!! (Well, tonight it will be...)

But that's a good one!

And I like not having to work around pliers too...

Way too simple

and not expensive - are you sure that this is aircraft related?

Beautiful piece of engineering - thanks.:cool:

use your camlock tool

For those of you that purchased the camlok pliers from skybolt, I found them to be very useful for squeezing together the adel clamps.
4p3.jpg

maybe kitplanes magazine can have a little "readers tips and tricks" section, where "reglar" folks send in submissions, and maybe get a little gift certificate if it gets published. I know other magazines do (fine homebuilding, fine woodworking, etc) It keeps the readers engaged in the magazine. good for everyone. id vote for this one for a winner

That's a great idea. Send submissions to [email protected] and we'll print 'em!

Marc