mburch

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi folks,

Does anyone know where to get the type of commonly used annunciator light that's a long, thin rectangle? Sort of like the ones that ACS sells (photo below) but more like 1.5"x0.5" instead of 1.0"x0.75".

Why am I asking... I want to put some annunciator lights at the top of my radio stack and I am vertical-panel-real-estate challenged, so I need the thin jobbies. I know I've seen them somewhere but for the life of me I can't find the source now.

thanks,
mcb

Yeah, those look like about the right shape, although they seem to want to stack vertically instead of horizontally. I'll keep looking I guess...

thanks,
mcb

Try it

mburch said:
Yeah, those look like about the right shape, although they seem to want to stack vertically instead of horizontally. I'll keep looking I guess...

thanks,
mcb

Matt ... they seem to snap-in with retainers on both the top/bottom and sides.

I bet if you had the right size slot they would stack horizontally and just butt edge to edge.

The AML 59 are indicators only and only seem to be about $12 each - cheap enough to buy 2 or 3 and try it.... :)

gil in Tucson

Good ideas guys. I've since discovered that the indicators sold by ACS are EAO 31 Series. They can be had for about half the ACS price from Newark, and they also come in a matching pushbutton flavor. I may yet go that way!

cheers,
mcb

Sizes...

the_other_dougreeves said:
Other good choices are the NKK YB, UB and UB2 series indicators and switches. Mouser has a good selection in stock. You can get white, red, green yellow lenses and/or bulbs, matching form factors for pushbuttons and indicators, single or dual color LEDs instead of incand bulbs, switch gards, switches that are latching or momentary, etc. Pretty much whatever you want.

The other Doug....

These don't seem to meet the size requirements from the first post.... or am I missing something?

gil in Tucson

az_gila said:
The other Doug....

These don't seem to meet the size requirements from the first post.... or am I missing something?

gil in Tucson
Oops - sorry, brain fade on my part. I totally forgot the size issue when I was looking up the NKK parts out of the catalog. :eek:

az_gila said:
Matt ... they seem to snap-in with retainers on both the top/bottom and sides.

I bet if you had the right size slot they would stack horizontally and just butt edge to edge.

The AML 59 are indicators only and only seem to be about $12 each - cheap enough to buy 2 or 3 and try it.... :)

gil in Tucson

Be careful. The AML 59 is the cap ONLY. You need an AML45 housing and an AML59 cap to make a complete indicator.