Roku

Hello All
I'm wondering how much an annual inspection would run me for a RV-12 ELSA. Ball park cost that you may have paid for in the past (A&P or LSMRA).

Yes I can take the 2 day class and do it myself, just wondering on the cost.

Many Thanks in advance
Erich

This is one of those questions with a two-word answer; it depends. I have been flying for over 20 years, owned a Cessna 150 for 12 years, and recently sold it and bought an RV12. I always did owner-assisted annuals and paid between $500 and $ 1,000, not including parts.

I did all the opening, closing, and removal of the interior, lubrication per the maintenance manual, breaks, bearings, plugs, tires, tubs, etc. On average, about 20 to 30 hours of work. I figured I saved on average $2,500 a year in labor and got a great education working with excellent A&P, and IA’s. I wish I logged it all.

In June, I attended Rainbow Aviation Services 15 day class and got my LSRM-A. Primarily to do my condition inspections, but also to assist others with theirs and have a little income in my retirement. I highly recommend Rainbow classes 2-day or 15-day classes.

Vic Syracuse charged me $1500 for the condition inspection portion of the work on my RV-12 about a year ago. Other work and parts were extra, of course.

$1,200 flat rate, excluding parts and anything outside the norm. My A&P/IA is a pilot, and owns a SportCruiser and a gyro, and is a balloonist! He's heavy Rotax-qualified and does a ton of Rotax work, including performance mods. My plane is in his shop now for the annual condition inspection.