pdecraene7a

Well Known Member
I am preparing to do my first annual and was looking for a check list to use. I have the list from Mike Stewarts web site (thanks Mike) just looking for anything else that may be out there.

Pete DeCraene
N526PD

pdecraene7a said:
I am preparing to do my first annual and was looking for a check list to use. I have the list from Mike Stewarts web site (thanks Mike) just looking for anything else that may be out there.

Pete DeCraene
N526PD

Reference Articles

Annuals

For certtified AC, CFR43 Append. D covers the minimal list required for 100 hr/annual inspections. Manufactureres have their own additional lists. Since we fall under the "conditional inspection" umbrella, it's sort of a free for all. CFR 43/D would be a good place to start.
T88
A&P/IA/EAA Tech. Adv.

Couldn't find my 11 ft. Pole

This is one I wouldn't want to touch with a 10 ft. pole so I will not expose my list to public scrutiny. However, my approach was to make up a list in Excel with the title "RV-6A N710BJ 2006 Condition Inspection". The body of the list contains four columns:

"Task", "Completion Date", "Comments" and "OK" (for "X")

I divided the rows into five groups:

"Engine", "Fuselage/Cockpit", "Wings", "Landing Gear" and "Tail".

Then I entered everything I could think of in those groups that I wanted to look at or test. In a few cases I created subgroups but mostly the rows cover individual tasks. I used the subgroups to collect all the tasks associated with a particular area like the aft fuselage when the bagage bulkhead is removed or the area under the seat panels when they are removed (I don't want to remove them twice). With Excel it is easy to insert a new row when you discover a new task. I threw in a few blank rows in each group to add things while I'm working the list at the hangar. In the evening (retirement is good) I update the file with the day's work results including the new tasks. At present the only actual data entries are the differential pressure compression test results for each cylinder. Currently the list is just under two pages long with many generic items like "Inspect the wiring in the engine area". When the condition inspection is complete I will sign and date the list and place it in the operational log for the airplane (three ring binder) and I will make the appropriate entry in the official aircraft and engine logs. It is easy to save a copy each year on the computer as well but those records are volatile and not suitable to me for long term record purposes. Once complete I will also clear the contents of the last three columns and save as the evolved blank form for next year's condition inspection.

Bob Axsom

Last edited: