TerryWighs

Well Known Member
After severe proscrastination for some time now...I finally geared up for the dreaded task..."Priming." Run for the hills Dan!!!
Careful preparation and thinking ahead allowed painless Metal Prep/Alodine to go smoothly, however when time came to "spray the green"...the angle of attack of the spray gun sent my airplane parts flittering down the driveway like leaves running from a leaf-blower!!!! And all that at 35psi??? HHmmmm?
Angle of Attack...ALWAYS IMPORTANT, whether on land or airborne...

42 hours into a very enjoyable process (RV-8 empennage) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Go over to Depot and get some 1 by 2's (or similar). Screw em together to make a frame about the size of a door. Staple some aluminum window screen to the frame. Set this frame horizontally across a couple of sawhorses, chairs, trashcans and place your parts on it. The blast from the gun goes right through and your parts stay put. An old screen door works real well too.

I agree, let the air through

Here is my solution and it works prety well. I just bought a couple of shelves from Menards and set them in the paint booth on a couple of saw horses I had setting around. It has worked well for me so far. The parts shown are drying from the etch process, I usually shoot about half that many at a time.

I got one with the wires closer together for small parts.

paintshelf.jpg

Angle of Attack

Thanks Steve and John,
Like the shelving idea/screen door...thing is, I had the parts placed on a table frame with "chicken wire" as the surface???