jtrollin

Well Known Member
So I built my first android app this weekend, a simple flight log application. I am now seeking ideas for applications you android users would like to see. It will be a while before I can do mobile sectionals, but simple things like weight and balance, checklists, E6B I could probably do real quick.

Let me know what apps you would like to see.

thanks,

how about this?

Hello John

A good an simple W&B for RV-6 to RV12 with an envelope, including the Nosewheel Load calculation for the A type and aerobatic for the one that allow this.

fully metric and imperial would be nice, choosable per input-window on a setup page.

There are a few W&B app's around, but all of them are not simple, ore come with a lot uf unused stuff.

Regards, Dominik

PS: Desnity altitude, presser altitude, % HP would also mybe from interest.

Killer app

I know this is probably beyond your capabilities if you're just starting, but the killer app is this:

XM Weather on a map (probably from a Bluetooth WxWorx receiver).

You solve that, I'm buying your app and an android tablet. If you solve it in iOS, I'll buy an iPad. Just sayin'...

I know this is probably beyond your capabilities if you're just starting, but the killer app is this:

XM Weather on a map (probably from a Bluetooth WxWorx receiver).

You solve that, I'm buying your app and an android tablet. If you solve it in iOS, I'll buy an iPad. Just sayin'...

I would have to see how to get at their data, not sure if they share that info with independent developers.

I would like one to track maintenance due (transponder checks, flight reviews, oil changes, elt batteries, etc.) based on hobbs and calendar with reminders. Also, the ability to log fuel amount added in gallons and cost, and have it calculate fuel burn and track a running total of costs incurred. Also, when I added a quart of oil and how much oil I have consumed since I last added - such as 1 qt per 10 hours or something like that.

Cool!

I wrote a fairly popular app for glider pilots (Gaggle):

I'll be releasing a new version in about a week.