rightrudder

Well Known Member
Bummer?no tiny screws for the ports on my valve. I sent an email to Andair asking for them, but maybe I can source them from the local hobby shop. Anybody know the specs on them (thread pitch, metric or SAE?).

They are described in a service bulletin

Stainless Steel M3 x 10 mm long countersunk hexagon head.
The bulletin talks about staking the heads after install. It's under the FAQ heading on their website. A copy of it is below..
Andair Ltd,.
Unit 1,
Dunsbury Business Park, Fulflood Road,
Havant,
Hampshire,
PO9 5AX,
UK.
1st Issued June 2010
Female fitting holding screws
SERVICE ALERT
This Service Alert only applies to Andair Fuel Selector Valves and Andair Gascolators that have been supplied with female fittings and EF20/EF25 elbow fittings. This DOES NOT apply to valves and gascolators that were supplied with male AN6, AN8 any hose fitting or Banjo fitting.
It has been bought to our attention that the four holding screws that attach the fitting to the body unit (valve or gascolator) which are Stainless Steel M3 x 10 mm long countersunk hexagon head have not always been secured properly and in two cases have ?backed out?
This alert is issued for the inspection of these Countersunk screws.The inspector must be assured that these screws holding the fitting to the unit are tight and either loctited or as Andair recommends the edge of the countersunk screw is damaged into the small hole adjacent to the countersink edge.
It is Andair?s intention to continue to offer female fittings ? loose? with a screw pack together with the appropriate Allen key indicating how to secure the countersunk screws. This has been found to be of great benefit to builders when installing fittings such as the AN823 or AN816.
This SA will be issued to all customers that our records show have had selector valves and gascolators with female fittings and will be displayed on our web site
www.andair.co.uk
contact e-mail: [email protected]
Telephone No: 01144 (0) 2392 473945 Fax No: (0) 2392 473946

Thank you! I really appreciate the response. Certainly, I'll "damage" the bolt heads when installed, into the adjacent al-yew-minium. :)

They are flush head machine screws...

Use a spring loaded center punch to deform the flush head into the adjacent notch they provide. Practice on one first before attacking the Andair valve . The punch does a great job filling that small notch with the flush head metal.