514S

Anyone install an Andair gascolator in the 9A? If so how did you mount and run the fuel lines? Picture would be helpful. Thanks

where

Where are you planning on installing it. I have seen LOTS of installs on the firewall same place as vans basic gascolator.
Personally, i am trying to do the planning to mount one on each side of fuselage outboard. then a short flex line to the tank. I have seen this done on a 7a and it was great. The space inside the wing root on the 9 is smaller then the seven. Not an easy task, but my thoughts are that it is better then putting past boost pump, less connections/chance of vapour lock etc inside the firewall, and at the wing roots will allow me to take samples, etc and keep the afp filter inside clean for many years. Just my thoughts, good luck

Mounting bracket and engine mount = low point

On a 7A, the Andair 'L' shaped mounting bracket spaces the gascolator far enough out from the firewall that it will clear (reach around) the engine mount. That means you can mount it low enough so that the drain is essentially flush with the inside of the cowl for clean draining. Lower in the fuel system, too.

Of course, its moot for me since (at least so far) I'm going FI and Don at Airflow advises that that a gascolator is unnecessary and can add other issues.

BTW, I did not like the port orientation on my (bought at OSH) unit but found that Andair has lots of inlet-outlet field-replaceable options..

FWIW..

here is a pic, and a bracket for sale

I just installed an Andair Gascolator in a 9A. I used the Vans mounting location and doubler, but fabricated my own bracket that also holds the primer solenoid.

Here is the inside view - you can see I haven't yet plumbed from the fuel pump to the gascolator. I plan to buy a nice aeroquip 90 degree fitting for the gascolator to make the tubing easier.

(Warning shameless shill follows) Andair makes a nice mounting bracket for this gascolator - I just happened to have listed one in the classified section :D