flickroll

Well Known Member
During my condition inspection I removed the bowl from the gascolator to check and clean the screen. Upon reassembly I noticed the diameter of the o-ring had grown and I am no longer able to reinstall the bowl without pinching the o-ring. I looked online and Spruce is out of stock. Has anyone sourced one of these from a place like McMaster-Carr or Grainger? I am sure it is a common o-ring. My -8 is AOG until I can find a replacement. Thanks

I had the exact same thing happen to me awhile back. I did not find a replacement that I could get in a timely manner.

Seeing that I have a high quality in-line fuel filter between the fuel selector and the facet pump, and I had never found any dirt or water in the gascolator in 4 years, I re-plumbed that part of the system and removed the gascolator.

Often times what appears a fit problem because of an over sized o-ring, is really lack of lubrication.
It is common practice to use DC4 silicone grease on o-rings that need to slide into a bore such as on the gascolator.
It can mean the difference between seemingly impossible, to easy peasy.

I thought I'd close the loop on this thread. I was unable to get info on the specs for this o-ring, and since they were out of stock at Spruce, I ordered straight from Andair. What a nice experience that was! I ordered the o-rings (bought 4 while I was at it) last Thursday morning and I quickly received a FedEx tracking number from Andair. Unfortunately it was too late in the day in the UK and FedEx and already stopped by. But it was picked up Friday and it is on the truck for delivery today. That is great service. Thanks Andair, and in particular Jenny!

Can you tell us which model of Andair Gascolator you have (GAS375?) and then what was the Andair part number for the O-ring.

Did ASP and others have an estimate on when in stock?

I'd like to have one on backup just in case.

Can you tell us which model of Andair Gascolator you have (GAS375?) and then what was the Andair part number for the O-ring.

Did ASP and others have an estimate on when in stock?

I'd like to have one on backup just in case.

Mine is a GAS375, and when I needed the o-ring ACS was out of stock, but they might have them by now. Since I was AOG I elected to get them from Andair. 4 o-rings with overnight shipping from the UK was $35, not bad I'd say. There is no part number that I know of. You just specify o-ing for the gascolator bowl.