rvsxer

Well Known Member
I am trying to find out the center-to-center measurement between the inlets on the Andair FS20x7T fuel valve (like Van's sells, with Andair's 90 degree elbows). I have Van's standard valve mounted so the inlets are at 45 degrees like the Andair 7 series valve and I want to get an idea if the existing plumbing will work.

Mike,

I can't tell you the CtC measurements you are looking for but I can tell you the current plumbing will not work. The Andair is not a drop in. :(

You will have to re-plumb the thing. I suggest you put bulkhead fittings next to the valve, on your existing lines, and just add short sections of tubing from there to the valve.

Depends

The Andair valve that I have has NPT threads for the fittings, and four possible orientations for each. (I can't remember if I got it from Vans, Andair direct, or ACS.) So you can position them as needed for your application. Andair has several different fittings, so this may not hold true for your specific question, but is a data point.

In either case, as Bill said, it will require custom plumbing, not a drop-in.

The x7T version of the valve that Van's sells has 2 AN #6 elbows pointing down and one AN #6 outlet, also facing down, to the fuel pump. That's how my Van's valve is configured. The only difference is the dimension between the fittings. I have a carb, so I don't need to tee in a return line. I know I'll need to change what I have, I just want an idea how close I am now.

Isn't the one from Van's "cross-plumbed" (eg.. pilot side fitting get fuel from right tank and vice versa)? Andair is same-side so even if your current tubing fits, it'd be mis-labeled on top (as selecting Left tank would actually draw fuel from your right tank)...

Pls correct me if I'm wrong, since I never installed that Van's selector.. went straight to 20x7

FS20X7T measurements

Mike,

I measured my Andair valve I got from Vans.

The center to center measurements between the center (outlet) fitting and the left and right inlet fitting is 1 3/8".

The distance between the two inlet fittings is 1 7/8"

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Wes, and all who replied. I am going to change to the Andair valve no matter what it takes but I was curious how close I am now. As far as the cross-plumbing of the inlets on the Van's valve, I'll have to take a look.

Last edited: