Strasnuts

Well Known Member
450 hours on my RV10 and found out the engine would not cut off when fuel selector was set to off. After testing the fuel valve the fuel still ran from the tanks to the engine when the valve was set to the off position and the electric fuel pump turned on. At idle the engine's mechanical fuel pump had enough suction to pull the fuel through and keep the engine running. I emailed Andair twice with no response after a week. I really didn't want to order another one but since I built my tunnel and fuel lines for this particular valve it will have to do. This is not an o-ring replacement fix. After taking the valve apart I could see bubbles in the threads of the brass fittings leaking. Not sure what glue they use for these but it looks like a white powder now.
Anyone else have this issue? Is it common?

I rarely ever put my valve on off position but just a few days ago as part of my annual when I was checking the fuel lines and cleaning the fuel filter, I had put the valve on closed position and had no fuel seeping out, of course I did not have any pumping action going either.

If you have a problem with the Andair valve ... suggest you email : [email protected]

Unless she is on holiday ... (and we have 'loads' more holiday over here in Europe compared to the US ....)

Then I am pretty confident .. that you will get a reply in a day or two .......

Last edited:
Wow Sean---this is interesting. please keep us informed of what you find. Pictures are worth 1000 words too.
Tom