FlyHigh

Friend
Can someone please tell me what size fuel Andair fuel selector valve I would use for an IO-360 200HP. 3/8" OR 1/2" ??
I am not quite to this point, but, I have an opportunity to buy an unused valve from a builder and he is unsure of his size and I don't know what is required.
Thanks for any direction.

The RV-14 drawings show using 3/8" fuel lines for all installations which include the Lyc IO-390 210HP angle valve engines.
A question you might want to consider: Are you planing on a fuel return path to the main tanks - which would likely pass through the fuel selector valve, or no return path.

THANK YOU for your responses AND HELP.
My 8 project is progressing, and not quite ready yet for this, but, the opportunity to purchase a new selector at a GREAT price presented itself.
As far as a RETURN LINE...every "high performace" aircraft that I have ever flown has had a return line...many have told me that I really don't need a return to tank line. NOW, I am perplexed since this issue has come up. I had thought that a return went without saying ?? IO-360 A1B6 200HP.

Assuming mechanical fuel injection (engine driven fuel pump/servo/spider/vented injector nozzles)- you could optionally install a return line for battling vapor loc issues. The return line could be either valved or metered into the delivery line just before the servo or off the spider (depending on what mfgd FI system installed on your engine)

If you selected installing a electronic fuel injection system (high pressure-high volume electric fuel pumps/full circulating fuel circuit/electric servo fuel injection nozzles/fuel pressure regulator/controlled by electronic module) such as SDS or EFII, these systems require a full duplex fuel valve and plumbed returns to the tanks.

Some plumb their tanks, fuel lines, fuel valve with return lines (duplex) (expensive!) with the plan to potentially change a conventional fuel system to an electronic system at a later date…

As far as a RETURN LINE...every "high performace" aircraft that I have ever flown has had a return line...many have told me that I really don't need a return to tank line. NOW, I am perplexed since this issue has come up. I had thought that a return went without saying ?? IO-360 A1B6 200HP.
Stock fuel injected engines from TCM use a return line; stock Lycomings do not. Just different systems.

Assuming mechanical fuel injection (engine driven fuel pump/servo/spider/vented injector nozzles)- you could optionally install a return line for battling vapor loc issues. The return line could be either valved or metered into the delivery line just before the servo or off the spider (depending on what mfgd FI system installed on your engine)

If you selected installing a electronic fuel injection system (high pressure-high volume electric fuel pumps/full circulating fuel circuit/electric servo fuel injection nozzles/fuel pressure regulator/controlled by electronic module) such as SDS or EFII, these systems require a full duplex fuel valve and plumbed returns to the tanks.

Some plumb their tanks, fuel lines, fuel valve with return lines (duplex) (expensive!) with the plan to potentially change a conventional fuel system to an electronic system at a later date…
THANK YOU RALPH. This is exactly the info that I was thinking, but, not knowing. I am trying hard not to reinvent the wheel here. IF, I do a bypass, I would simply like to return to the tank or use the motive flow to the inlet side of fuel valve. I am aiming to keep the systems as close to a certificated aircraft as possible, so as to keep the obvious....obvious.

THANK YOU RALPH. This is exactly the info that I was thinking, but, not knowing. I am trying hard not to reinvent the wheel here. IF, I do a bypass, I would simply like to return to the tank or use the motive flow to the inlet side of fuel valve. I am aiming to keep the systems as close to a certificated aircraft as possible, so as to keep the obvious....obvious.
Bob, This is where my thought process came from..almost all of my experiences are on TCM. Thank You all for understanding and helping with my concerns.