Flagella72

I'm New Here
Half way into 10 build. I am wondering if I can utilize a 4 way input selector (for future return lines -not now) and just block off one on each side? Trying to plan for future potential and not have to change fuel selector.
Thanks

If you’re going to do it, do it now. It’s way easier during the build. After my last condition inspection, I decided to replace the hard fuel line from tunnel to fuel tank with SS flexible lines.

Attachments

• IMG_5868.png
    IMG_5868.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
Half way into 10 build. I am wondering if I can utilize a 4 way input selector (for future return lines -not now) and just block off one on each side? Trying to plan for future potential and not have to change fuel selector.
Thanks
If you are thinking about future return lines, for either a SDS or EFii system, you'll need a duplex valve. MUCH easier to plumb all of that now during the building processs than to retrofit later. Well at least the bulkhead fittings for the tunnel and side skins. The actual hoses (or rigid tubes if you are so inclined) can be added later. Definitely install the tank return port in the rib NOW--before the tanks are sealed up. You can order your Andair duplex valve and extension and install it now--just cap off the return ports in the valve. We have a specific way to configure the valve if you are thinking about using our package.

If you are thinking about future return lines, for either a SDS or EFii system, you'll need a duplex valve. MUCH easier to plumb all of that now during the building processs than to retrofit later. Well at least the bulkhead fittings for the tunnel and side skins. The actual hoses (or rigid tubes if you are so inclined) can be added later. Definitely install the tank return port in the rib NOW--before the tanks are sealed up. You can order your Andair duplex valve and extension and install it now--just cap off the return ports in the valve. We have a specific way to configure the valve if you are thinking about using our package.
It’s been awhile but I was discussing valves with Andair at Oshkosh some years ago and it was indicated that moving the valve selector with dry lines wasn’t recommended. Is this an issue? If it is, what effect does this have on the valve if capping off the return portion?

Thanks for all the great replies. I will reach out to Tom at TS flightlines - as well as plumb for returns now even if not utilizing near term.
Kevin