SteveHRV7

Just got my Andair Fuel Pump and Filter as part of the group buy. In looking at the installation instructions, it shows an Andair fitting BH375 penetrating the firewall. This part did not come with the kit (although it is listed in the ACS Andair pump kit - and unfortunately not sold separately). There is not a part with that part number on the Andair page but it appears to be listed on the Andair page under "Accessories/Spares" and then "Engine Fittings". It lists as 28.25 British Pounds - that's $60 US ! Does anyone know what this is (i.e. is it a check valve of some type) and would a simple firewall pass-through work instead? I contacted Chris at Andair and he said he would refer it on to the tech department - but so far no answer. Thanks!

Hey Steve I was in on that Filter/pump group buy and made my $100 deposit but haven't heard from Andair. Did they contact you or what happened? Any help thanks Ron in Oregon

Contact Andair. When they sent my kit they forgot the filter! I emailed them and they had one sent out right away. I got it about a week after I contacted them.

I also am in on the group buy and have not heard..

from Andair. However, when I was checking my current credit card charges, I saw they charged me the balance last Thursday, 1/14. No emails or anything yet, but I feel sure the equipment will be arriving soon. I guess I will be double checking for that same part...:eek:

Hi Steve,

I don't have the Andair fuel pump and don't know whether the BH375 should have been included or not in your shipment. I'm sure they will come back to you next week.

However, regarding your question...
I have used a BH375 in my setup and they (Andair) do sell them seperately. It is not a check valve. It is a high quality passthru fitting. As their website says, it's a male AN-6 one end and 1/4 NPT female the other. On the 1/4 NPT side there is an appox. 1 1/4 inch threaded ring that secues the fitting in place. This ring is much like the ones used in the aluminium one-hole eyeball cable FW passthrus that Vans sells.

As to pricing, you've done your sums at over US$2 per GB Pound (Oh how I wish that were true!) when the rate now is more like 1.60.

Still doesn't make it a cheap fitting but I am happy with it in my plane.

shipping

Andair shipped my on 1/7 and I just received it in Seattle Super quality. I've started the install. I don't believe firewall penetration is part of the kit. That's extra for us to figure out ourselves.

Ron,
I was never notified by Andair about shipping. I was charged on the 8th and the pump and filter showed up yesterday (1/16). Should arrive soon.

new Andair for sale $150

I bought a Andair Fuel selector valve from Van's. Never been used. I am buying another one with a AUX port, so I won't need this one. Anybody is interested?