Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
I'm trying to plan out and run all of the lines in the cockpit area (fuel, brakes) before closing it up...up to and including the firewall. Brakes - check. Pressure transducer manifold - on the list. I'm thinking now about fuel lines...anybody use this fitting from Andair:

bh375l.jpg

Alternatively, what suggestions do people have for getting the fuel line through the firewall? I was thinking just a regular AN bulkhead fitting, but this looks interesting, too.

Yep, I've used one. -6 flare one side, female 1/4 NPT the other side.
Not flying yet but looks like it will do a good job.

The female 1/4 NPT makes it pretty adaptable to whatever setup you need on the cold side of the firewall - just buy the AN fitting to suit, straight, 45, 90, whatever.

Steve
RV-7
West Sussex
UK

I have this fitting in my possession, and while it is fabricated extremely well, I have concerns with the fact that it requires a fairly large hole (1” IIRC, but don't quote me), and that it is made from AL and not steel. I don’t want to start a debate, but I am leaning towards using all steel fittings for my firewall penetrations.

Last edited:
Can't remember precisely - if I had to guess I'd say 1.25 inches.
It's much the same as needed for the cable eyeball passthrus.
The Greenlee-type punches make for a relatively simple job.

Brad, Steve:

Thanks for the dimension info. I've seen this fitting before, but will also probably go steel.