Sam Staton

Well Known Member
This is merely a report of what I have experienced from Andair. Since the kit I bought already had an Andair valve, I decided to go ahead and use it. Also, since I am installing a console, I needed to obtain an extension kit. My valve is the FS20x7 valve. I spoke with the young lady in the Andair booth at SNF and ordered my extension. I must admit, I was given a very good price, and paid cash. As I knew that the parts needed to be shipped from England, I was not very concerned about receiving the parts until 3 weeks had passed and I had not heard anything from England. I contacted them via email and eventually heard back from someone there that my parts would be shipped 'soon'. When they arrived, I set them aside with a cursory glance (mea culpa here - should have looked MUCH closer). Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. When I started trying to fit my valve, I discovered that the extension I received was not correct. The actuator had 4 attach holes, arranged in an asymmetrical manner, 2 up & 2 down. Research indicated that these parts are for the FS20x2 valve. Off is at 3 o'clock, left tank is at 9, and right tank is at 12. This is not what I ordered and definitely not what I want. I sent 3 emails over a period of a week and called them twice, leaving a message at least once. When I finally heard from Andair, Andy said my last email was the first he had seen. I explained the situation to him, and he asked me to send him a photo of the extension fitting, which I did. His response was that mine was the correct part. When I responded to that with a report from what I found on his web site indicating differently, all I have heard back from England is silence. Call it what you like, but this is a report of what I experienced. I am grateful that I no longer have to deal with this issue, as I intend to modify the extension to do what I wanted it to do in the first place. My frustration stems from the belief that I should not have to do this, as I did my research prior to placing my order and ordered the correct parts.

Andair Customer Service - Redux

Spoke with Andy and Felicity at SNF, and they resolved the situation to my complete satisfaction. I had not intended to even speak to them about the issue, but decided to try. When I explained the situation to Andy, he asked me what I needed to resolve the issue. He had a bezel and extension there that was what I as looking for. When I pointed it out, he said 'Take it.' No payment requested - just take it. This completely erases my earlier post.