RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Anatomy of wing building (Stop Animation Movie)

Hi Guys,

I do not know if it has been done before, but just before I started with my wings I got the idea to do a Stop Animation Movie, slide by slide of the RV going together, since I saw a TV program where they did it with the new Airbus. I fixed a cheap digital camera in the shop and took pictures every now and then.

Well I have enough pictures of the wing build that is in progress to give you a view of the "alpha" version.

This version is only 640 x 480 pixels and is 6.5MB big and contains 105 images.

I can make it up to 1024x768, but web space hosting is a problem currently, since the file will get too big. Currently I am hosting it at www.securefilehost.com.

1) I would love to hear your feedback?If it is worth it I'll continue with my efforts.

2) If you can suggest a better FREE screensaver MAKER I would appreciate it.

3) If you want the bigger screen size version let me know where I can host it.

Here you go for the .exe 640x480Alpha version 0.1 @ 6.5MB for the Windows screen saver of the wings 1/2 way done.

[UPDATE:] OK for those that is concerned about the .exe here is the RAW .jpg files zipped up, play it back @ 640x480 unsized, in sequence, with what ever application you have...maybe windows slide show. RAW jpg zipped @ 640x480

Kind Regards

Rudi

Last edited:
Looking Good Rudi

Rudi,

Really enjoyed the screensaver - you have way more patience that I.

Workshop looks fabulous too - like an operating theatre. You've guilted me into a clean up of my own shop.

Looking forward to the next installment !

Regards

Richard
RV-7 (Fuse)

Rudi, I dl'ed your file but stopped short of installing it.

I am interested in seeing your pictures, but really don't want your pics as my screen saver or another installed app on my machine possibly slowing it down.

Why not make a .ppt?

:confused: CJ

Captain_John said:
Rudi, I dl'ed your file but stopped short of installing it.

I am interested in seeing your pictures, but really don't want your pics as my screen saver or another installed app on my machine possibly slowing it down.

Why not make a .ppt?

:confused: CJ
Hi John,

.ppt is too much of an effort, and I'm sure it will be way TOO big with 105 slides.

You can always delete it go to your control pannel -> add remove programs -> anatomy of wing -> Remove.
Or you can just choose your normal screensaver after you installed it: control panel -> Display -> Screen saver

Regards
Rudi

rv8ch said:
Hi Rudi,

As much as I'd like to watch your slide show, I never install exe files on my computer from an "untrusted" source. The application you used to create this could be infected with a virus, and could infect my machine.

If you are running windoze XP, then you should be able to use windows movie maker to do this:
Hi RV8,

I understand your concerns, same here, but i did check it with norton antivirus with update 2005-11-08 i.e. yesterday's update and it is clear.

You can and should always check everything yourself before installing it, same in this case..

It is like with any application you download decide if it is worth it or not...Let's see what the other guys think of it, that is willing to download.

Maybe at a later stage, if the feedback is positive will I consider learning how to do a movie.

Regards
Rudi

Very cool Rudi. I love stop animation stuff like this. I put the images in a simple Javascript animation here:
www.dualrudder.com/rudi
It'll take a while to initially load all the images, but then it should show one every second.

Awesome Rudi! I'm also looking forward to seeing the remainder of the plane come to life.

Rudi,

Cool stuff, but I must take issue with your depiction of the build process. ;)

Missing is the wailing, the gnashing of teeth, the misdrilled holes, the bent rivets, the swearing, the tantrums, the drilling of fingers, the hours spent on VAF researching "Should I use conduit or bushings?" I don't know about you, but these are all parts of the process in my shop. Instead, your wings seem to magically assemble themselves as if they were some sort of self-build kit, which apparently was an option I missed on the order form.

OK... All joking aside, great stuff!!! :D

Cool stuff, but I must take issue with your depiction of the build process. ;)

Missing is the wailing, the gnashing of teeth, the misdrilled holes, the bent rivets, the swearing, the tantrums, the drilling of fingers, the hours spent on VAF researching "Should I use conduit or bushings?" I don't know about you, but these are all parts of the process in my shop. Instead, your wings seem to magically assemble themselves as if they were some sort of self-build kit, which apparently was an option I missed on the order form

AND, you can eat off the floor of his shop...unbelivable!

My theory: Rudi's not really building an airplane, it's all a movie set. You know, like the lunar landings. I'm reviewing the photos over and over for the telltale signs ;)