prkaye

Well Known Member
For that 90-degree elbow fitting that goes through the fuel-tank access plate, for the fuel pickup tube, there are two nuts to consider. The AN818 nut/sleeve inside the tank, and the AN924-6D that goes over the spacer on the other end - outside of the access plate. Vans was nice enough to put a label on the AN818-nut that came on the pre-fab fuel pickup, specifying the torque for that nut. But I am having problems finding out what torque to use for the AN924-6D.
In the aircraft standard handbook and the advisory circular, there are seperate torque tables ask for "fine thread" and "course thread", and they want to know the thread-size. How do I figure out which torque value to use in this situation?
Thanks,
Phil

Jam nut torque

AC 4313 says 110-130 in-lbs for an aluminum #6 B-nut. This thread is 9/16-18, since the AN924-6D is thinner than the B-nut 90-100 in-lbs should work fine.

Don

Thanks!
Do you recommend gobbing proseal between the access plate and that aluminum spacer that goes with the nut?

prkaye said:
Do you recommend gobbing proseal between the access plate and that aluminum spacer that goes with the nut?

Phil,

I put a thin layer on the spacer where it mated to the rib (vent) and access panel (fuel). I did not put any proseal on the side of it that comes in contact with the nut. When the nut was torqued, I prosealed over everything (nut, spacer, fitting). No leaks in either tank.

Same as B-Nut....

Don at Airflow said:
AC 4313 says 110-130 in-lbs for an aluminum #6 B-nut. This thread is 9/16-18, since the AN924-6D is thinner than the B-nut 90-100 in-lbs should work fine.

Don

No need to down rate for the nut...

See my post #2 here...

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=16285

Numbers in the above post are for -4 hardware, but the references are the same.

It gives the FAA reference that says the plain (plane... :) ...) nut is the same as the B-nut....

Use 110 - 130 in-lbs....

gil in Tucson