AntiGravity

Well Known Member
I've got a small order going to Vans soon, so I thought I'd purchase the new RV-8A rudder bottom that I need (I messed up the last one when building the emp). I've further decided to platenut that sucker on, rather than blind rivet. Are there any issues with AN509-8R8 screws going into Stainless countersink washers? (I also have an order going to Aircraft Spruce and the 100deg CSK washers they do are ST-ST). If not, what other screw/platenut combo could I use? I'm doing the same on the wingtips, so I'm about to order a whole load of them; might as well make the 'right' choice...

Cheers,

Anyone?

Anyone care to chip in here? Just want to make sure there are no dissimilar metal issues, or anything like that? I'd like to run that order off to spruce today. Otherwise, perhaps I should use MS24694C5 st-st screws instead of the 509s?
Thanks,

I got the wing tip screw kit from Cleveland. The screws are stainless & the nut plates are exactly the same as the nut plates that came with the RV 7 kit.

Derrell
RV7A Finish

Derrell said:
I got the wing tip screw kit from Cleveland. The screws are stainless & the nut plates are exactly the same as the nut plates that came with the RV 7 kit.

Derrell
RV7A Finish

Hmmm. Thanks, I'll check that out...