SmittysRV

Well Known Member
I'm ready to bolt on the rudder pedals to the assembly and only found 4 AN3-5 bolts (the ones with the holes in them). I ordered the extra set of rudder pedals and found all the parts, but no extra AN3-5 bolts. Any ideas?

Long bolts for Brake Pedals

Do yourself a favour and buy some bolts long enough to go all the way across the pedals so the pedal swivels on a single long bolt instead of two short ones (I think from memory you'll need and AN3-60). The brake pedals rotate a lot more freely and tend to drag less.

This has been discussed on these forums before - Here
Dave

Last edited:
doh.jpg

I just went to the garage (hangar) again and looked one more time. I found a plastic bag with hydraulic hoses in it and a paper bag of parts. That bag had the bolts for the pedals in it! Boy do I feel stupid. It was marked "BRAKE DUAL OVERHEAD". I'm kind of glad I didn't find the bolts right away, otherwise I wouldn't have found out about the long bolt replacement for the brake pedals.

Brake Cylinder Booster Springs

Smitty, I'm also putting together the rudder/brake pedal assemblies, so I've been browsing the forums for info. Another mod discussed (in addition to the long bolt) is adding booster springs to the cylinders (see the "Sticky Brakes" thread under the Maintenance Issues forum).

Yet another trip to the hardware store!

...Joe