Mevans

After debating what to build, I came upon a great deal on a set of RV 6 wings and tail already mostly complete. My carpenter is building my workshop in my yard this week and I will be ordering a fuselage kit next week. She will be a 6A, with a slider, day vfr, as light and simple as I can build her. Anybody want to buy a landing light, and an aileron trim servo, it came with what I bought but I am not going to use them. I now subscribe to the thought "real men drill their own holes"

photo_zpsd92d34f6.jpg

More RV 6's flying than any model

Picking the most popular RV out there is a excellent choice. ;) Good luck on one of the best adventures you'll ever have. :D

Landing lights are worth their weight in safety. When you are on final aircraft in the run-up who are about to pull out in front of you will see that light and be more likely to wait for you. If you ever go to a busy airport, towered or not, a landing light might save you some unwanted excitement. I turn mine on for take-off and landing. My wife refuses to turn it off until 10,000 ft. She was trained by a Southwest pilot... ;)

I agree, there is already a light installed, this is an extra.

Also, there is what appears to be a Falcon heated pitot. I am going day VFR so I was wondering if a basic non heated gretz tube will fit the mount, as it is already installed in the wing. I do not want to redo the mount so i will just keep it if not.