uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Just a quickie, anyone know where I can get a guide for AN nuts, bolts, washers etc. Wasted time today trying to figure what a AN960-10L washer was (found out it means a thin washer).
Thanks

Hahahaha, I just went through that scenario!!!

Doing the bellcranks, huh!

;)

Ummm, well... what helped me out was the Spruce website, talking to builders and the Standard Aircraft Handbook. Between those 3 resources, I have learned enough to be dangerous!!!

:D

I haven't found a single site that clearly defines, "this is a bolt, and this is a nut."

What also helped was buying a few extras for assembly use. Get a gauge too. They are handy and sets you mind to ease knowing that you have the right bolt.

Any specific questions? I will try and help, but remeber... I am only one step ahead of you! Keep 'em easy!

OH, and have fun doing that flutin'!

webwing066640.jpg

You got your work cut out for you!!!

Mine only took a month!

:D CJ

Just be thankful...

you're not building a -9! Same number of ribs but a lot more rivets and those flaps are a major PITA!

AN guide

Thanks for the links (and the thoughts about prepping all those ribs) : :(

Good links

I too spent hours looking for some of this stuff (for wiring) just yesterday. These links (the ones John had) would be good to have in a permanent resource place. Also most of the FAA docs can be downloaded in PDF format if you like those.

Jon