ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
Sorry if this has been beat to death already - I searched but didn't find a matching thread...

I'm making the fuel hose that runs from the engine driven fuel pump to the fuel servo on my IO360-B1B. I'm using Aeroquip stainless braided hose w/firesleeve and their corresponding hose ends. My question is that my hose ends are aluminum - is this acceptable practice? I found nothing applicable in AC43.13B.

Thanks!

My Experience.

Sorry if this has been beat to death already - I searched but didn't find a matching thread...

I'm making the fuel hose that runs from the engine driven fuel pump to the fuel servo on my IO360-B1B. I'm using Aeroquip stainless braided hose w/firesleeve and their corresponding hose ends. My question is that my hose ends are aluminum - is this acceptable practice? I found nothing applicable in AC43.13B.

Thanks!

It depends on your hose, the Aeroquip 303 (mil-h8794) hose uses an aluminum shell for all sizes. The center nipple assembly (with B nut) that goes into the hose is steel on -6 and below, and aluminum for the entire fitting for -8 and above.

With the stainless braided hose of many different brands and varieties, you will need to consult with the manufacturer for the options available. But regardless, if you have any doubt get the stainless ends for anything you consider critical.

Last edited:
What Aeroquip hose--

are you using? Aluminum is "ok" but I think most of us would much prefer steel, or stainless. I use stainless. My .02 worth.
Tom

are you using? Aluminum is "ok" but I think most of us would much prefer steel, or stainless. I use stainless. My .02 worth.
Tom

This is Aeroquip 601 hose and the associated 816 fittings. I have steel -4 fittings but haven't found steel -6 fittings yet, only aluminum.

Thanks!
-Brad