Brambo

Well Known Member
Whenever I have needed fittings I usually go to Aircraft Spruce since they have a good selection and have drawings of the fittings so you can see what they look like. I need a special fitting now that Aircraft Spruce doesn't have, so I've been searching other places like Genuine Aircraft Parts. Unfortunately, I don't know what the nomenclature is for the fitting I need, so I need to be able to look at pictures or drawings of the fittings in order to find what I need. Is there a catalog somewhere that shows what each fitting looks like (preferable online)? I figure somebody somewhere has to have the complete list of AN fittings and a picture of what they look like.

Bill Rambo
RV-7A

drawings

I've always found what I wanted on GAHco's website. They have pretty good drawings. You've probably already tried this, but if not, look under "Fittings:Hydraulic Fittings:Adapters, 37 deg Flare". Click on "Tech Info" and there's a .pdf with most of the common fittings and their nomenclature.

Some non-AN options...

What you want may not exist as a true AN fitting.

However, the race car folks use AN-compatible type fittings that might make up the combination of ends that you need.

One company, with pictures, is here....

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/advcat.asp?CategoryID=PLUMADAPT

One example is here, and is useful for connecting VDO-type engine sensors to flex hose...

3254.JPG

"These steel adapters have female NPT threads in one end and a male AN fitting on the other."

This would take two AN fittings to perform...

gil A

Last edited: