JimWoo50

Well Known Member
I had difficulty getting the an fittings supplied by Vans to thread in more than three threads. Van's says this normal but I have my doubts as to whether they will form a tight enough seal. Any other builders have this dilemma?

Ours are exactly the same. There seem to be only two options - live with it or use an 1/8 inch NPT die to cut down the fittings slightly. I've not filled the brakes yet, but all the other RV's I've looked at seem the same.

Dave

Mine were tight, too

Mine were a bear to install, too. I applied a teflon sealant (don't remember the name, got it at Home Depot) to the threads, then torqued the daylights out of it.

My master cylinders were installed already, so I put an adjustable wrench on the cylinders to take the torque, then wreneched on the fittings until I couldn't turn them without applying a ridiculous amount of torque.

If you haven't installed the cylinders on the pedals yet, I recommend you clamp them in a vise to install the fittings. I wasn't able to find a recommended torque value anywhere.

Cheers,
Martin