Hack

I am owner of an RV-4. Here is the question, the GPS (which is down on the pedestal is hard to see, and the comm radio is controlled from the same head. (Garmin 250). I need to move it or procure something else. I can't figure out how to include a photo here but believe me for the time being it is a clean round dial steam guage panel. What do you guys think?

I do not want to go to a new EFIS panel. Keep it simple and elegant (and relatively inexpensive!!)

Last edited:
Congratulations on a fine airplane purchase! I worked with Chuck many years ago here in Houston, and have seen pcitures of his plane as he finished it up. Can't recall seeing a picture of the panel, so it's hard to help you right off the bat, but if you check your personal messages, I will send you a note with my email address - if you send the picture to me, I can get it up here for you.

Paul

Hack's Panel

Here's the picture if anyone has any ideas for him!

_watermarked_f2835e2ca79341bb5ac85c7de95a71e5.jpg

Beautiful plane, great panel

Please don't cut it up Bro! There has to be a way. How about a round radio where the compass is?

There has to be a way. How about a round radio where the compass is?

I think his problem is in seeing the GPS. The radio shouldn't be a problem down low but the GPS should be close to "eye level".

Beautiful!

Wow! Beautiful panel. Workmanship looks to be outstanding and the layout is classic. If you are flying VFR, I would consider mounting a portable GPS on a side mount or something like that.

Hack,
That is a fine looking panel but like the one on the -4 I bought its not entirely user friendly. My solution was to rebuild and upgrade my panel. I took out the vacuum system and old gauges and removed the avionics from the center console. I bought a Dynon D-180 which allowed all flight and engine instruments to be combined in one "box". This gave me room to install my GPS and transponder on the panel to the left of the Dynon. This gave a clean, well organized and user friendly panel.
That was my solution....I have been very happy with it.

P.S. I put a map box in the new center console.

Glenn Wilkinson
RV-4
N654RV @ MLJ

That is a beautiful panel. How 'bout a picture of the rest of the plane?:)

Why not replace your DG with a BMA EFIS Lite (you can find 'em cheap these days) or one of the other GPS units that are designed to fit in a 3 1/8" hole? I agree, it looks too nice to mess with it.

-Matt
402BD