BoyRacer

Was frustrated with no reasonable way of mounting the Amploc Key100 Hall effect current sensors.

When you have an hour to kill on the lathe and milling machine, made from Nylon to not impact the magnetic circuit. Interference fit between bush and sensor to keep it nice and snug.

Conductor nice snug and in the centre of the bush (Noting that seems to make zero difference to accuracy.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpg
    IMG_4761.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4764.jpg
    IMG_4764.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4762.jpg
    IMG_4762.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4763.jpg
    IMG_4763.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Nice solution.

I put the sensor in an adel clamp, which seems to work well for me, but not nearly as cool looking as your creation.

Love the creativity

I like your thinking but I have one thought for you... what happens if you need to replace the sensor? You can't remove the cable from the spacer without cutting the cable end off. So either make sure you have some extra cable for future trimming or design a way to get the connector through.

On a related note, I use two of these on my RV-10 and they work just fine without the cable being centered. I simply used some lacing cord to fix the ring to my cable once I had it in the proper position.

Splitting the bush in half would solve the replacement issue without cutting off the cable end.

I like your thinking but I have one thought for you... what happens if you need to replace the sensor? You can't remove the cable from the spacer without cutting the cable end off. So either make sure you have some extra cable for future trimming or design a way to get the connector through.

On a related note, I use two of these on my RV-10 and they work just fine without the cable being centered. I simply used some lacing cord to fix the ring to my cable once I had it in the proper position.

Hi Darin,

Thanks for the feedback, as it happens the cable has quite a bit extra length so if needed to re-terminate that would easily be done. I noted in my original post that centering of the cable appears to make no differnece to accuracy, I just dont like it being able to move around and possible rub on the inside of the sensor.

Cheers!

Splitting the bush in half would solve the replacement issue without cutting off the cable end.

Thats a good idea Igor,

Easily sliced in half, just makes the tolerances a little more fiddly to take into account the width of the cutting tool. The hole in the centre could also just be large enough to allow the lug to pass through or have another bush that pushes into the centre hole once the lug is through.