db1yg

Well Known Member
I see that America's AC Engines is now an advertiser on VAF web site. I just wanted to let people know that my 9a has one of their Eci engines on the nose and I could not be more pleased. It is strong and smooth and has been providing reliable power for 250+ hrs to date. I know there are a lot of good AC engine builders out there but what really impressed me was their sincere desire, backed up by actions, to make sure their customers were happy. I dealt primarily with Steve Fowler and I now feel he is more than a supplier--but a friend and engine advisor.

BTW, I have no business interest in the company--just a very satisfied customer. They warrant your consideration when buying a new or overhauled engine.

Cheers,

db

Last year they AAE assembled an 0-360 at the show and fired it up. VERY interesting watching the process and meeting all of the guys that worked on the engines. The bosses were great guys also.

AAE

I have also heard great things about AAE. One of my RV buddies has an engine in his 7A that was built by them. Flawless performance, and awesome customer service. He is a customer for life. I have a Superior in mine, and love it, but alas, my warranty is terminated. Tough times for aviation suppliers for sure.

2 cents
Chris

Good Guys

I have ~450 hours on my AAE ECI engine. I'm very happy with the engine and I had a great time in Tulsa helping to assemble it. I'm sure it was amusing for them to watch a hack like me work, too!

Robby Attaway, Richard and Steve Fowler, and the guys in the shop were all wonderful to work with.

no engine yet, but. . .

I have not bought my engine yet but for almost 4 years now I have talked with Richard Fowler about building my engine. I have not really considered using anyone else as I do not feel I could pick anyone better to deal with after talking with Richard, Robbie, Steve at both Oshkosh and Sun N' Fun. I had hoped to be ready to order an engine a year ago. Well, everyone knows what that is like, but here I am almost a year later after talking with Robbie and Steve at Sun N' Fun and I still am not ready. Their response the last time I talked to them: "There is no problem (referring to my apologies for telling them last summer I was ready for the engine and then changing my time line), we can work on your engine whenever your ready." I don't think I can find anyone better to deal with.

I helped build my ECI engine there and was very happy with the mechanic who put it together and with all the folks there. I wasn't real impressed with the test cell but other than that all was good and support has been first class. I have 800+ trouble free hours and would recommend them to anyone looking for a good engine at a good price.

AAE

I am another satisfied customer of AAE. I bought an ECI Titan O360 and have been flying it for the last 14 months logging about 175 hours on it. I wish I could have taken the time to go up there during the assembly and test run but I let them do it all. :)