drone_pilot

Well Known Member
I have an older Ameri-King AK-450 ELT and I broke the toggle switch on this unit. Does anyone know if this switch can be replaced/serviced by me, or would I need to send the unit into the manufacturer for repair? If I am able to service this unit, where can I obtain a replacement switch?

I have an AK-450 that I pulled out of my plane for a burst battery case. Switch is good.
However, I suggest you replace this unit with a different manufacturer's ELT.

With Ameri-King effectively out of business, I would heartily second the recommendation to replace the ELT. Since you're going to be messing with it, why not just bite the bullet and install a 406MHz unit conforming to TSO C126? This gets you into the current century of technology, and your broken switch gives you a good excuse to capitalize on this opportunity.

Same here...Look elsewhere

I had the exact same problem with mine and had it serviced by them for a whopping 250$ ( the had told me 80$ before I send it in )

Worst experience dealing with them I have had in the industry so far. I suggest you look elsewhere. Not sure you are allowed to service anything even on a home build since the ELT is FAA req. But I am sure more knowledgeable people may chime in.