MikeyDale

Well Known Member
Since my phase 1 was over, I've been on two trips in the 7. First was to see the grandkids in Sherman, Tx. (308 miles) The trip turned out great taking about 2 hours as apposed to 6-7 hrs driving! ADSB weather on the Dynon saved the day as we departed home in between thunderstorms and weaved our way up there. Trip home was severe clear.

Second trip was this week. Left on Tuesday and flew 385 miles to Port Aransas. Had to wait for fog to clear in the San Antonio area and dodge a couple storms just before arriving there. Once again, ADSB weather on the Dynon was priceless and very accurate.....After landing, we took Jay and Mary's loner car to the Amelias Landing Motel and had a wonderful 3 days of R&R! The Labor Day crowd had just left and we had the town and beach all to ourselves almost! Amelia's Landing was a great place to stay and owners Jay and Mary is good ole RV folks just like us! They fly an RV8! Made it home this afternoon. It's nice to know that a weekend getaway at the beach is just a little over 2 hrs away!

I'm hopin everything will work out on my work schedule and we will be able to go to the Petit Jean Fly In next!